Future Fresh Savoy Spinach
Crispy and curly
Future Fresh’s Savoy Spinach is sweet, crisp, and versatile—easily added to a variety of recipes.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
An excellent source of protein and calcium, fresh savoy spinach is a superfood that is low in calorie and high in nutrients.
Also called, “curly leaf spinach,” it is not regularly found in local supermarkets. In fact, Future Fresh is the only supplier of savoy spinach in the country.
Fresh savoy spinach is crisp in texture, with a slightly bitter flavor, and best used for cooking.
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
Make incredible brunch dishes with savoy spinach. Like the classic Florentine Omelette:
- In a non-stick skillet or pan, melt some butter, preferrably Doux/ Unsalted butter and cook garlic until just softened.
- Add your fresh savoy spinach into the skillet until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until spinach is very soft and has lost most of its liquid.
- Transfer the cooked spinach onto a dish lined with paper towels. Squeeze out excess moisture from the spinach.
- Place spinach into a bowl with grated Gruyere. Combine.
- Using the same skillet/pan, melt butter again until lightly browned, and pour in beaten eggs. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook until almost set.
- Place the spinach and cheese mixture onto half of the egg, and let cook a little longer.
- Carefully fold the omelette over the filling.
- Transfer onto plate. Serve with fresh bread, and fruit slices.
THE FUTURE OF FARMING
Future Fresh is a proudly Filipino venture, created out of frustration for the less than stellar quality of produce found on local supermarket shelves. The company specializes in locally-grown produce, and prides itself on their completely fresh vegetables. This is because they harvest just before dispatch, reducing travel time, and ensuring a longer shelf life.
These gamechangers built farm systems with controlled environment that result in hydroponically-grown, pesticide-free greens. Everything they provide is guaranteed high in quality, high in nutrients, and always completely fresh.
Your fresh produce will be stored in a resealable plastic ziplock bag. You will notice that there is air inside and this maintains a sort of internal atmosphere to keep your fresh produce in good condition. Once opened, the produce will begin to age. The best way to keep it fresh for longer once opened is to keep it moisture-free.
Future Fresh produce have no wilted leaves or roots that may cause decay, so you need only wash them before cooking or consuming. With produce with high water content, like fresh rocket arugula, you can remove the excess moisture that might accumulate by lining the storage bag with a paper towel and resealing the bag again. Make sure to check on it mid-week, and replace the paper towel once it takes in too much moisture.
Done properly, this method can help your produce last to about a week max after opening of bag.