Renard Rouge Quail from France
An unforgettable fowl
These delicious birds are selectively bred and meticulously chosen to ensure only the best quality quail.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
These quails from France are raised and processed with utmost respect to the animal and the regulations set in place. These birds have no added fat, and are plump and juicy.
Quail tastes slightly sweeter, and with a stronger taste, than chicken. It’s a small bird, but plump and juicy, with a light pink flesh and tender meat that is easy to flavor.
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
There are a number of great ways to prepare quail, but roasted is still the best way to really bring out the flavor of the bird itself. Best thing is, since quail is such a small bird, it won’t take a long time to cook. Here’s a simple roast quail with balsamic glaze recipe:
- While you let your quail come to room temperature, preheat your oven to 500F (~250C).
- Pat your quail dry with some paper towels, and truss it up.
- In the cavity of the quail, place a slice or orange and a sprig fresh rosemary. Brush the bird with some melted butter, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven, and roast for about 10 minutes (it’s small; it will cook fast)
- Remove from the oven, and immediately brush with balsamic glaze.
- Return quail to the oven, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and set aside. Place aluminum foil on top, making a loose tent. Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a salad, stuffed mushrooms, or creamy mashed potato. Enjoy!
AN UNFORGETTABLE FOWL
Aside from being completely tender, sweet, and delicious, quail is also good for your body. It has a significant amount of health benefits. It contains healthy fats, calcium, iron, and zinc. It’s also a great source of protein, as well as Vitamins A, B, and D.
It’s a wonderful food to help strengthen your eyesight and bones. It also keeps your skin, hair, and nails healthy, and keeps your immune and respiratory systems strong.
Store your uncooked quail on a low shelf in the refrigerator. Consume within 48 hours.