Yellow Chicken Supreme (Breast & Wing)
Succulent and superior
Born, raised, and processed in France, these chickens are incredibly succulent and a far cry in quality from your regular supermarket chicken. Definitely a game-changer.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
These chickens are hormone-free and antibiotic-free, and are slow-fed and free-range. Their color comes from a unique vitamin-rich diet of mainly corn. They have more fat than other chickens, with a beautiful marbling because they’re allowed to run free, which encourages physical activity.
The Yellow Chicken Supreme has a firm but succulent flesh, with a delicate but intense flavor. It is delicious and juicy, and will give a gorgeous golden finish once cooked.
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
These chickens are already so flavorful on their own, so the simpler the preparation, the better. A simple pan-fry would bring out its incredible flavor so well:
- Lightly rub Yellow Chicken Supreme with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a pan, place about a tablespoon of Echire butter and some Nicolas Alziari olive oil, and pan-fry the chicken
- Once the chicken is cooked through, and gets a nice, golden color, remove them from the pan and set on plates.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, and add in some JC David Sorrel Sauce
- Drizzle the sauce onto the chicken
- Serve with a side of steamed ratte grenaille potatoes
QUALITY POULTRY ALWAYS
These chickens are from one of the leading French poultry companies, Savel. It was founded in 1968 by Gabriel and Madeleine Leon in Lannilis, and by 1972, had become a success. The company is involved in every level of production—from breeding to manufacturing to marketing. Presently, Savel has three sites of production, and four brands to its name: Agalia, Picalou, P’Tit Duc, and Jardin de Loire.
They produce whole poultry, poultry cuts, stuffed cuts, and halal poultry. They have a wide range, from coquelet, guinea fowl, quail, and yellow chicken. They are experts at what they do, and value quality and integrity in each area of their production.
Your cut of Yellow Chicken Supreme (Breast & Wing) comes frozen and vacuum packed. Store in freezer. Thaw only when about to cook. Cooked leftover meat can only be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 more days. Consume immediately.