IGP Chilled French Rack of Lamb (Milk-fed Lamb from Pyrenees)
The crowd pleaser of the lamb, coming chilled weekly from straight from the Pyrenees.
Tasting Notes from the Curator
This Red Label ( Label Rouge ) and IGP certified lambs are exclusively milk fed from their mothers. They spends most of their time in the sheepfold or outside with their mothers. The ewes spend a minimum of 8 months in the pasture, and most of them go to summer pastures. The rack of lamb is one of the most cooked cuts, after the leg of lamb and the mouse. Appreciated for its softness and its taste, this roast with ribs can be prepared in many ways…
Preparation or Pairings
The ribs can be cooked separately or in a single piece called the rack of lamb. These are the uncovered ribs, the prime ribs or the second ribs. Gourmets particularly appreciate the rack of lamb for its flavor (the bone adds taste!). Our recommendation to cook it:
- Take your meat out at least 1 hour in advance
- Sear each side of the rack in a casserole dish without pitting it
- Once the meat is colored, place it in an ovenproof dish
- Bake in the oven at 200° for 20 minutes (remember: lamb is best eaten pink)
- Salt your meat only halfway through cooking
- Always remember to let the meat rest for a few minutes so that it becomes softer
- Serve your meat hot (if necessary, heat your plates beforehand)
Store in your refrigerator. Shelf life is 2 weeks from arrival.