Castaing Discovery Set of 5 x 67g
An Introduction to French Fine Charcuterie
Sure to please any lover of French fine dining, this Discovery Set is a beautiful exploration of terrines and charcuterie by the ambassadors of great French Gastronomy, Maison Castaing.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
Made with no preservatives and products certified as Label Rouge, Maison Castaing has been a recognized producer of the finest quality foie gras, foie gras products and French fine food since 1920.
With this discovery set, experience Castaing’s curated collection of five of its finest duck and goose products.
- Gourmandise Gasconne: Maison Castaing’s specialty and bestseller, this pâté combines the richness of pork, the elegance of fatty duck and the decadence of duck foie gras (this pâté is made of 25% duck foie gras) to create a truly grand spread perfect for your charcuterie.
- Duck Rillettes: Made exclusively of duck meat in confit that is shredded and slow-cooked, this classic rillette is rich and unctuous, extremely flavourful and textured.
- Armagnac Duck Terrine: A duck terrine made more sumptuous with the infusion of smoky, caramel flavours of Armagnac, a small batch brandy and Southwest France’s best kept secret.
- Wild Boar Terrine with Sage and Berries: An intensely flavorful and earthy wild boar terrine that is beautifully complemented with the fine flavors of sage and 5 berries.
- Country Pâté with Espelette Pepper: An authentic rustic pâté made exclusively of pork meat nuanced with the spicy and subtly fruity flavors of Espelette peppers of the French Basque Country.
PREPARATION OR PAIRINGS
With Maison Castaing’s Discovery Set, enjoy endless variations of canapes or serve as part of a classic charcuterie plate. We recommend enjoying this set with Makati Shangri-la’s freshly baked Baguette if serving as canapes.
- Gourmandise Gasconne: A classic pâté, serve as an appetizer on your next dinner party or as a highlight to your charcuterie board
- Duck Rillettes: Spread over a country-style bread baguette. Serve simply or with onion jam or a baby pickle (cornichon) on top.
- Armagnac Duck Terrine: Slice this terrine and serve open faced with crusty baguette. Serve as is or take a swipe of dijon mustard or spiced chutney to the bread for an added acidity that complements the richness of this terrine.
- Wild Boar Terrine with Sage and Berries: Serve with a rustic bread or enjoy with a side of salad vinaigrette.
- Country Pâté with Espelette Pepper: Serve as an appetizer or enjoy a breakfast of eggs and toast with a side of this Country Pâté.
FROM THE AMBASSADOR OF GREAT FRENCH GASTRONOMY
Recognized for the finest quality foie gras, duck and goose products, Maison Castaing’s range of decadent products are a common sight in prestigious hotels, restaurants and delicatessens.
Based in Landes, a few kilometres from the hometown of its historic founder Joseph Castaing, this company attentively subscribes to the culinary tradition of South West France since its establishment in 1920. The company has been reinventing itself with new recipes and variants, all the while maintaining its traditional, cruelty-free breeding methods (all of Castaing’s products are certified Label Rouge) that ensures the superior quality and gourmet taste well loved by Castaing’s devoted clientele for over 100 years.
Store in a cool dry place. Store in fridge upon opening.