Chilled Roaring Forties Premium Frenched Lamb Rack
Tender and lean
The Roaring Forties Lamb Rack is tender and mouth-watering. The lambs of Southern Australia graze on the best, most lush pastures, ensuring a beautiful delicate taste to their meat.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
Roaring Forties Lamb selections have won bronze, gold, and champion at the Sydney Royal Awards consistently. Grazing on the rich green pastures of Tasmania and Southern Victoria, their lambs are able to exercise and eat grass high in nutrients.
Roaring Forties Lamb Rack comes in Frenched cap on, and Frenched cap off options, perfect any type of cook. Lamb rack is also leaner meat, meaning it tastes a little sweeter than other cuts, but still has a robust and full flavor.
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
There are many ways to prepare a lamb rack, the most popular of which is roasting it. Try this recipe for a garlic-crusted roast, and pair it with a good Chianti, like this one from Castello di Querceto. Or you can pair it with a Bordeaux blend. We suggest this one from Château Pape Clément.
- Combine garlic, rosemary, and olive oil in a food processor, and blend together.
- Season your Roaring Forties Lamb Rack with salt and pepper, then rub the garlic-rosemary oil all over it.
- On a large baking sheet with rim, set the rack fat side up. Let stand for an hour.
- Roast the lamb in a preheated oven at 450F for 15 minutes. Then turn and roast for another 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a carving board upright, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve the lamb between bones, and serve right away.
AN UNSURE START
Roaring Forties is a South Australian company that began on a dark and windy night. David and James Madden traveled to an abandoned abattoir that they blindly bought, ready to restart it and give it new life. But when they got there, their forklift and the refrigeration wouldn’t start, their truck broke down, and part of the building collapsed. It wasn’t a very great start. But they persevered. And now, Roaring Forties is a proud and successful company, a name in the Australian lamb market, showcasing the best of Tasmania and Southern Victoria.
This arrives to you chilled. Store in the chiller part of your fridge. Shelf life is 2 weeks from delivery.