Pinkie's Farm Dark Chocolate Pancake Set
Like chocolate cake for breakfast
This pancake mix by Pinkie’s Farm, a single-origin dairy in Lipa, Batangas, famous for their all-natural ingredients, makes it easier to make the fluffiest, most delicious pancakes. The fact that it’s in a dark chocolate flavor makes it even better!
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
The Pinkie’s Farm Dark Chocolate Pancake Set consists of 1 pack of dry chocolate pancake mix, and a 500mL glass bottle of all-natural buttermilk—a fermented dairy drink made with milk from grass-fed cows.
All you need to add to it is 2 eggs, and half a stick of unsalted butter. Try our Échiré butter to make a good thing even better.
This set makes 12-15 5-inch pancakes that are very fluffy, and very chocolatey. It tastes just like chocolate cake, but in pancake form. And who doesn’t want to eat chocolate cake for breakfast?
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
This chocolate pancake mix is so easy to put together, and will make your breakfast extra special:
- Pour the dry ingredients into a large bowl, and make a well in the center.
- In a different bowl, combine the buttermilk with the eggs and melted Échiré butter. Make sure they are well-combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well you made in the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix with a spatula. Do not overmix. Batter should be lumpy.
- On a non-stick pan over low-medium heat, add some oil or butter.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup of pancake batter and pour onto the pan.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles begin to appear and, and the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve, and enjoy!
A VISIT TO THE FARM
Pinkie’s Farm not only produces incredible dairy, they also offer tours on their farm. This is a great activity not just for children, but for everyone! It’s always wonderful to learn where your food comes from.
You’ll be able to go around the farm, and observe the cows. And yes, you can meet them! You’ll even be able to feed them—grass for the bigger ones, and bottle-feed for the calves.
There’s also a fun lecture, where you’ll learn about the cows, cow pregnancy, and how milk is produced. After a demonstration, you can try your hand at milking the cows yourself.
And one of the best parts of the tour—product-tasting, and pastillas-making! You’ll get to learn how to make your own pastillas, and you get to taste their yogurts, kesong puti, and milks.
It’s a great, family-friendly experience!
The buttermilk is all-natural, and contains no preservatives. It must be placed in the refrigerator immediately upon receipt, as heat could accelerate spoilage. It will last 3 weeks, unopened. But once opened, must be consumed within 14 days. The dry pancake mix will keep for 3 months.