Valrhona Milk Ariaga Lactee 38%
Smooth and balanced
This milk chocolate couverture is part of the Valrhona Professional Signature Range. It has beautifully smooth and balanced flavors, and is a baking chocolate that is very easy to work with.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
Made with only the finest cocoa beans, the Valrhona Ariaga Lacteé 38% is sweet, but not overwhelming. It’s perfectly well-rounded, with smooth, mild milk flavors and hints of fragrant vanilla. It’s a versatile chocolate that easy to weigh out, easy to temper, quick to melt, and consistently offers excellent results. Whether you’re a professional chef, or a home baker, you will love working with this baking chocolate.
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
The Valrhona Ariaga Lacteé 38% is perfect for melting into sauces for ice cream, milkshakes, and cakes. Use it for filling, or icing, too. You can even try making an easy chocolate mousse:
- In a heat-proof bowl over a double boiler, melt your Valrhona Ariaga Lacteé 38% with butter and cream. Let cool once completely melted.
- In a different (and clean bowl), beat egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, whip more cream until soft peaks form.
- Add in egg yolks to the cooled chocolate mixture, and stir with a whisk.
- With a spatula, fold in the egg white mixture. Then fold in the whipped cream. Fold until smooth and combined.
- Spoon in your mousse into dessert cups. Cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and fruit.
ALL FOR THE FUTURE
L’Ecole Valrhona was created by Frédéric Bau in 1989, with the mission of sharing expertise and inspiring new generations of chefs. It’s a place for creativity and innovation, where artisans’ ideas are supported and encouraged.
L’Ecole Valrhona offers training courses, demonstration sessions, and creative workshops. They also offer technical consulting for business, and digital and e-learning.
Store your chocolate feves in a cool, dark place, ideally between 18 to 24°C. You can use the refrigerator, but place the chocolate in an airtight container to keep the moisture and humidity out—and retain its full range of flavors, of course!