Gennaro Gift Set
Enjoy a gift set for an all’Amatriciana dish and some sweets to come along with it
Notes from the Curator
Pasta all’Amatriciana is a traditional Italian dish with a colorful origin. Traditionally it is made with bucatini pasta but Antiche Spaghetti di Gragnano is a worthy alternative. The key ingredient here is the sauce which is essentially composed of well cured guanciale (but pancetta may also be used), extra virgin olive oil, onions, red pepper flakes and some plump red tomatoes. Here’s a recipe you can follow:
- Cook your spaghetti in salted boiling water until they are al dente.
- Prepare either diced up guanciale or pancetta, sautee in extra virgin olive oil along with some diced onions. Add a splash of white wine and let the liquid evaporate a bit on the pan.
- Slice up your plump red tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Balance the mixture by adding a small scoop of your starchy pasta water to the pan.
- Add some chili flakes or basil leaves as desired.
- By this time you can mix in your cooked pasta to your prepared sauce. Use tongs to transfer your pasta to the pan. Add pasta water as needed to mix the sauce together.
- Serve with grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Enjoy with a glass of dry Rosé from Ramon Bilbao.
For dessert, this set already prepares Optimus Mascarpone that you can drizzle with Muria Thousand Flower Honey. Addition of fresh fruits can be an option.
Shall you opt to use our alternative Basket packaging, this gift set is is ideal for a Large Basket.
Guanciale - Store in the fridge once opened. Rewrap in plastic wrap and store in a ziploc bag for better results. Cured guanciale lasts indefinitely in the fridge but for maximum freshness, consume within 2 months.
Antiche Spaghetti di Gragnano - Store in a cool dry place
Pecorino Romano - Store in a cool dry place. Can be placed in fridge provided it is wrapped in parchment paper.
Ramon Bilbao Rosado - Store your unopened bottle in a cool, dry, and dark place safe from constant vibration. Keep your bottle horizontal in a wine rack or cellar to retain the moistness of the cork. The ideal temperature for storage is between 7 to 15°C. Once opened, a bottle will be good for 5 to 7 days standing upright in the refrigerator.
Optimus Mascarpone - Store in the fridge. Consume within 5 days after opening.
Muria Thousand Flower Honey - Keep your honey in a cool location away from direct sunlight and make sure the container is tightly sealed. The ideal temperature for storage is from 13 to 21°C. Some manufacturers will set the expiry date of their jars at two years after the bottling date. However, honey can last decades or even centuries if stored properly. It may change color and become crystalized, but it will stay safe to eat. If your honey does crystallize, just place the open jar in warm water and stir until the crystals dissolve. Store in a cool dry place.