Valrhona Ariaga Noire 66%
Part of the Valrhona Professional Signature Range, these bittersweet baking buttons are made of the finest cocoa beans, and are of top quality—a favorite of pastry chefs.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
The Valrhona Ariaga Noire 66% Bean has an aromatic profile and a rounded, well-balanced flavor. It’s bitter, with fruity notes, and a hint of acidity. A blended chocolate, it’s made with a unique recipe that makes it the optimal professional chocolate. It’s incredibly versatile, very easy to work with, and gives superior results.
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
You can use this baking chocolate for mousses, bars, bonbons, ice cream, and cookies. It’s also the perfect chocolate for making ganache, especially if you plan on using it for a much sweeter dessert. And making chocolate ganache is very easy.
- In a heat-proof bowl, place your Valrhona Ariaga Noire 66% disks. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium heat, until it begins a gentle simmer (don’t let it boil!)
- Pour your heated cream over the chocolate, and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- With a spatula, slowly stir the chocolate and cream together until completely combined, and all the chocolate has melted.
- And voila! You have pourable chocolate ganache, perfect for drizzling over a chocolate loaf or brownies.
- You can also let your ganache sit at room temperature for a few minutes, until cooled and thickened. This makes it pipeable. Use this for cupcakes and cakes.
- Alternatively, you can whip the ganache with a handheld mixer or stand mixer, until light in color and texture. This is also perfect for cakes.
COCOA THAT CARES
Valrhona has been a part of the B Corp™ community since January of 2020. This is a certification that recognizes them as a company that meets the highest social and environmental standards. It also recognizes commitments to betterment and progress. Valrhona, in particular, aims to be completely carbon neutral by 2025, and has made it its mission to create a fair and sustainable cocoa sector.
Store your chocolate disks in a cool, dark place, ideally between 18 to 24°C. You can use the refrigerator, but place the chocolate in an airtight container to keep the moisture and humidity out—and retain its full range of flavors, of course!