Theo & Philo Artisanal Collection
A Filipino’s Chocolate Love Affair
Uniquely and fearlessly Filipino, Theo & Philo’s range of award-winning artisanal chocolates is a magnificent expression of a Filipino’s love affair with chocolates.
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
A luxurious range of artisanal dark chocolates that echoes with flavours from the Philippine archipelago, this range of dark chocolate flavours have won the hearts of chocolatiers at the International Chocolate Awards and London Academy of Chocolates.
- Dark Chocolate with Siling Labuyo: A bronze winner at the Academy of Chocolates 2018 – 19. Velvety rich dark chocolate laced with the spice of a local chili, Siling Labuyo. A decadent bar with a subtle hum of spicy chili towards the finish.
- Dark Chocolate with Green Mango and Salt: Inspired by a popular Filipino street food — green mango on a stick, experience a gastronomic delight with the infusion of dried green mango, sea salt and dark chocolate in one beautiful bar.
- Dark Chocolate with Calamansi: A bronze winner at the International Chocolate Awards 2018. A small citrus fruit ubiquitous to the Philippines, this decadent bar provides a beautiful, citrusy contrast to the earthy and rich dark chocolate.
- Dark Chocolate with Black Sesame, Cashew & Pili: A bronze winner at the Academy of Chocolates 2018 – 19. Sinfully delicious with a beautiful crunch, this chocolate features cashews from Palawan and pili nuts from Bicol.
- Dark Chocolate with Mango, Chili & Cacao Nibs: A ménage à trois of unforgettably Filipino flavours, the fiery heat of the chili marries the flavours of sweet mangoes and nutty cacao nibs in this delightful artisanal bar.
PREPARATION OR PAIRINGS
Whether enjoyed on its own, used as a finishing garnish to any savory preparation or incorporated into your sweet recipes, Theo & Philo’s Artisanal Collection provides a unique experience that is sure to delight.
Try a chili chocolate cookie recipe with Theo & Philo’s Dark Chocolate with Siling Labuyo. Garnish a new-york style cheesecake with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate with calamansi sauce for a delicious citrusy punch. Melt some dark chocolate with black sesame, cashew & pili and serve with a scoop or two of Merry Moo’s Dark Chocolate Ice Cream.
THE PHILIPPINES’S SINGLE ORIGIN BEAN TO BAR CHOCOLATIER
With its name directly translating to “chocolate and love,” Theo & Philo’s single-origin artisanal chocolates expresses a unique boldness as it crafts premium chocolates that highlight the beautiful flavours of the Philippine Archipelago.
A love of crafting premium chocolate bars, responsibly sourced at above market price to provide sustainability to its local community of cacao farmers, Theo & Philo became the first single-origin, bean to bar artisanal chocolatier to put the Philippines on the global stage.
Store your chocolates in a cool, dark place, ideally between 18 to 24°C. You can use the refrigerator, but place the chocolate in an airtight container to keep the moisture and humidity out — and retain its full range of flavors, of course!