Pinkie's Farm Classic Pancake Set
Easy breezy pancakes
Pinkie’s Farm, a single-origin dairy in Lipa, Batangas, combines their incredible cultured buttermilk with a ready-made dry batter for classic, fluffy pancakes. All you need is eggs and butter, and you’re good to go!
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CURATOR
The Pinkie’s Farm Classic Pancake Set consists of 1 pack of dry pancake mix, and a 500mL glass bottle of all-natural buttermilk. The dry mix is made up of all-natural ingredients—just flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. The buttermilk is a fermented dairy drink made with milk from grass-fed cows, raised right in their farm. This set is good for 12-15 5-inch pancakes that are buttery, fluffy, and absolutely delicious.
PREPARATION AND PAIRINGS
Buttermilk pancakes are very fluffy, and very delicious. And this pancake mix also makes it very easy to make. All you need to add are 2 eggs, and half a stick of unsalted butter (we suggest our Échiré butter, to really elevate your breakfast):
- Pour the dry ingredients into a large bowl, and make a well in the center.
- In a different bowl, combine the buttermilk with the eggs and melted Échiré butter. Make sure they are well-combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well you made in the dry ingredients.
- Gently mix with a spatula. Do not overmix. Batter should be lumpy.
- On a non-stick pan over low-medium heat, add some oil or butter.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup of pancake batter and pour onto the pan.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles begin to appear and, and the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve, and enjoy!
QUALITY FIRST, QUALITY ALWAYS
Pinkie’s Farm began in 2009, with a family farm, and three pregnant cows. Initially, they only sold the milk they produced to bigger farms.
But when consultants from UP-Los Baños taught them how to pasteurize milk, and make kesong puti and yogurt, they suddenly had a wider range of products. Originally hesitant to sell commercially, Pinkie was convinced when more people told her that there is a demand for all-natural dairy products.
The buttermilk is all-natural, and contains no preservatives. It must be placed in the refrigerator immediately upon receipt, as heat could accelerate spoilage. It will last 3 weeks, unopened. But once opened, must be consumed within 14 days. The dry pancake mix will keep for 3 months.